RATHDRUM, Idaho - Two students at Lakeland Jr. High were arrested on Wednesday after separate investigations relating to possession of "hit lists."
Rathdrum police say their school resource officer was notified by administration that school staff located a student in possession of a "hit list." At the conclusion of that investigation, the student was arrested.
While investigating this incident, school staff located another "hit list" that was in possession of a different student. That student was also arrested.
Police say these incidents are separate and that no other students were involved.
The students, aged 13 and 14, were booked into the Kootenai County Juvenile Detention Center on the charge of Threatening Violence on School Property.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position