HAYDEN, Idaho - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Department is investigating a murder suicide in Hayden, Idaho.
Lieutenant Stu Miller with the sheriff's department said that a man called 9-1-1 Thursday morning around 11 a.m. and told authorities he had just shot his wife and was going to shoot himself.
When deputies arrived at the man's residence, located in the 900 block of West Sheridan Avenue near Reed Road, they heard a single shot from the home.Hayden murder suicide
Deputies went inside and found two people dead inside the residence. The victim, a woman in her 40s, was found dead in the living room from an apparent gunshot wound, while the husband, also in his 40s, was found in a back room.
The husband appears to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The couple was identified by authorities Thursday afternoon as Daryl Clark, 43, and his wife Tina Clark, 48. Their family has been notified. They leave behind an 11-year-old son, who was not at home at the time of the shootings Thursday morning.
Authorities have now begun the process of trying to figure out what led to the murder suicide.
"The detectives, at this point, are just starting their investigation and delve into the couple's history," Lieutenant Miller said.
Autopsies on the couple will be performed on Friday.
- Stripper pleads guilty to running multi-state drug ring
- Study: Idaho natural gas and oil taxes below many states
- Federal judge says he is inclined to let lawsuit proceed
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready