An Idaho State Police trooper netted more than 100 lbs. of marijuana during a traffic stop Friday afternoon along Interstate 90.
Around 1:30 p.m. the trooper pulled over a driver for speeding near milepost 46. Suspicious that the man was attempting to smuggle drugs across the state, the trooper received written permission to search the vehicle.
While searching the vehicle the trooper found several duffel bags filled with marijuana.
In all, 120.75 lbs. of marijuana, with a street value of $386,000, was seized.
The driver, who the ISP has not named, was arrested on a charge of trafficking marijuana.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home