LEWISTON, Idaho - The U.S. Forest Service says a firefighter was killed when she was struck by a falling tree while working on a fire in northern Idaho.
The Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest supervisor says the crew member was struck Sunday afternoon when one tree fell and crashed into another tree, causing it to fall in a domino effect.
The firefighter's name hasn't been released. She was working on the Steep Corner fire, which has burned about 43 acres near Orofino.Tree kills US Forest Service firefighter in Idaho
There will be a formal investigation into the death.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns