COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A 14-year-old boy charged with killing his father and younger brother in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, told investigators he had prepared for the brutal killings for months.
Eldon G. Samuel III is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the Monday night deaths of his father, 46-year-old Eldon Samuel Jr., and his brother, 13-year-old Jonathan Samuel, inside a home owned by St. Vincent de Paul North Idaho.
His bail was set Tuesday at $1 million.
The Spokesman-Review reported Wednesday that Samuel told investigators he hated his brother and blamed him for his anger and frustration. Samuel also claimed his dad often beat him and had been taking medication and talking about zombies.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position