COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A 14-year-old boy charged with killing his father and younger brother in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, told investigators he had prepared for the brutal killings for months.
Eldon G. Samuel III is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the Monday night deaths of his father, 46-year-old Eldon Samuel Jr., and his brother, 13-year-old Jonathan Samuel, inside a home owned by St. Vincent de Paul North Idaho.
His bail was set Tuesday at $1 million.
The Spokesman-Review reported Wednesday that Samuel told investigators he hated his brother and blamed him for his anger and frustration. Samuel also claimed his dad often beat him and had been taking medication and talking about zombies.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter