POST FALLS, Idaho - A 17-year-old boy is dead after drowning while swimming with friends in post falls.
The incident occurred in the Black Bay on the Spokane River.
His friends had called 911 just after 10 p.m. Thursday, when the boy went under the water and didn't resurface.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office and Kootenai Fire and Rescue responded to the scene and found the boy 100 feet away from the shore, under ten feet of water.
Resuscitation efforts were made and he was taken to Kootenai Health, where he was pronounced dead.
Police are still investigating the incident.
The name of the victim is being withheld until the family is notified.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line