POST FALLS, Idaho - Post Falls Police have identified the man they say killed a woman and a young girl Tuesday morning.
Police arrested Angel Albertico Morales-Larranaga, 24, after a traffic stop. They were tipped off when a woman called police around 11:30 Tuesday morning saying Morales-Larranaga had confessed to her that he injured or killed his wife and child.
"The suspect had gone to their house and talked them about what had happened and they in turn called the police department to report this to us," Post Falls Police Chief Scot Haug said.
Police say he had been living with the two victims and two other children at the Tullamore Commons Apartments in Post Falls. That's where they found the two bodies.
Haug told KXLY the two other kids were taken from the apartment by Morales-Larranaga to the home where he allegedly confessed. Those kids are in police custody.
Morales-Larranaga is believed to have been living with the victims at the time of the murders, but police have yet to confirm the relationship between the suspect and the victims.
Police believe Morales-Larranaga acted alone. He is being held on two murder charges in the Kootenai County Jail
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River