PRIEST RIVER, Idaho - North Idaho authorities are investigating a homicide in Priest River involving a man who told police he had stabbed his wife to death.
The 9-1-1 call came in from the home at 8:43 p.m. Tuesday reporting a stabbing.
When police arrived they found 27-year-old Jeremy Swanson and a toddler at the residence. Police told the Bonner County Daily Bee that dispatchers told the man to step outside, but he declined because he said he had a 20-month-old baby in the house.
Swanson's wife Jennifer, also 27, was found dead. She had been stabbed multiple times.
Jeremy Swanson is in custody in the Bonner County Jail. He is behind held on two counts of 1st Degree Murder. His wife Jennifer was 15 weeks pregnant.
Bonner County Sheriff Daryl Wheeler said Priest River police are investigating the homicide.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line