FERNAN LAKE, Idaho - Spokane Police, while investigating a missing persons case, received a tip that led them to a body in the Fernan Lake area.
Detectives in Spokane contacted authorities in Kootenai County, letting them know a body might be in the Fernan Lake area. Investigators went out to the area and located a body Friday morning in a remote area near Fernan Lake Road.
The Spokane Police Department is the lead agency investigating the body.
Authorities have not confirmed any details regarding the missing persons case that was being investigated.
The remains will be identified by the Kootenai County Medical Examiner's Office after an autopsy is performed to determine cause of death.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home