COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A northern Idaho man has been sentenced to up to six years in prison for failing to register as a sex offender.
The Kootenai County prosecutor's office said that John Rhoden III, 29, must serve at least two and a half years of prison before he will be eligible for parole. First District Judge Fred Gibler also revoked Rhoden's probation for a 2009 burglary conviction, ordering him to serve five years in that case. The burglary sentence won't start until Rhoden completes the fixed portion of his sentence on failing to register as a sex offender.
Rhoden was ordered to register as a sex offender after he was convicted of lewd conduct with a minor in 2001.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'