SANDPOINT, Idaho - A northern Idaho man facing two counts of first-degree murder following the stabbing death of his pregnant wife has waived his right to a preliminary hearing.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports that Jeremy Keith Swanson, 27, waived the right in court on Wednesday.
The decision means prosecutors won't have to persuade a judge there is enough evidence to justify moving ahead toward a possible trial.
Court records say Swanson told authorities he knew Jennifer Marie Bosch-Swanson, 27, was 15 weeks pregnant when he stabbed her to death on Dec. 18.
Police say the couple's 20-month-old daughter was also in the home at the time, but she was not harmed.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods