SANDPOINT, Idaho - The Sand Creek Byway in Sandpoint will open to traffic Friday.
After readying the road and removing barriers, crews opened all lanes at 9 a.m.
Crews will now turn their attention to the bike and pedestrian trail along Sand Creek.
Everything is expected to be open by mid-afternoon Friday.
The $100-million construction project took four years to complete. Crews started it in October 2008.
The 2-mile project includes six bridges, 65 retaining walls and the pedestrian-bile path.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line