SANDPOINT, Idaho - A Sagle, Idaho man is dead after an early morning crash on the Sandpoint Long Bridge Friday.
Harrison Reasor, 20, crossed the centerline around 5:30 a.m. and collided head on with a semi truck. Reasor was pronounced dead that the scene while the semi driver was uninjured.
"Saw one of the vehicles in the accident come by and it looked like it went through a masher, you couldn't tell what kind of vehicle it was, it was a pretty bad accident," Randy Howard said.
Howard works at the Conoco just off the bridge in downtown Dandpoint.
The bridge was closed for five hours in both directions to clean up diesel oil that was spilled on the bridge and into the lake, leaving many driver stuck for hours.
"Traffic's been blocked both ways, business is real dead this morning, because most of our business comes from the Sagle area," Howard said.
Officials say the accident is under investigation.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car