SANDPOINT, Idaho - A North Idaho man apparently drowned after jumping from a bridge in Sandpoint.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports 25-year-old Patrick R. Orton died early Saturday morning.
Police Chief Corey Coon says Orton and at least one other person were walking across the Bridge Street Bridge at about 2 a.m. Saturday when Orton decided to jump from the north side of the bridge.
Orton was pulled from the water in Sand Creek and pronounced dead at Kootenai Medical Center.
The Kootenai County coroner's office and Sandpoint police are investigating Orton's death.
Signs posted on the Bridge Street Bridge state that it's illegal to jump off the bridge.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties