POST FALLS, Idaho - Authorities in Post Falls said two men trying to take off in a powered parachute were injured after they crashed into an unoccupied school bus.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Department said David Endsley, 50, of Redmond, Ore., and Collin Williams, 18, of Post Falls, were attempting to launch the motorized parachute in a church parking lot on Sunday evening.
They crashed into a bus owned by the church.
Endsley was operating the parachute and he was treated and released at the scene of the crash. Williams, the passenger, was taken to a hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities said alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
- Cheney police investigating suspicious package at Sutton Park
- Man dies after taking curve too quickly
- 21 of 50 wells tested outside of Fairchild highly contaminated
- 4 Things To Know For July 27
- Coeur d'Alene toddler hit by car, in critical condition
- Changes to cannabis store advertising laws cost owners thousands