POST FALLS, Idaho - Authorities in Post Falls said two men trying to take off in a powered parachute were injured after they crashed into an unoccupied school bus.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Department said David Endsley, 50, of Redmond, Ore., and Collin Williams, 18, of Post Falls, were attempting to launch the motorized parachute in a church parking lot on Sunday evening.
They crashed into a bus owned by the church.
Endsley was operating the parachute and he was treated and released at the scene of the crash. Williams, the passenger, was taken to a hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities said alcohol does not appear to be a factor.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march