POST FALLS, Idaho - A Post Falls police officer has been accused of drunken driving after an off-duty crash.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office confirmed Monday that Officer Brenda Knight has been cited for excessive DUI in connection to a crash on Saturday. An excessive DUI means Knight's blood-alcohol content was .20 or more.
Deputies found Knight in a vehicle in a ditch Saturday night. Sheriff's officials say she showed signs of alcohol consumption and a field sobriety test was performed.
Post Falls Police Chief Scot Haug said his department is aware of the situation but that he cannot comment on the personnel matter.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017