POST FALLS, Idaho - Post Falls Police are investigating a homicide after discovering a woman's body during a welfare check.
Police responded to a residence near Compton and Seltice Way Monday afternoon after receiving a phone call expressing concern for a woman who lived at the residence.
When officers were unable to get a response they forced their way inside and found a woman deceased on the floor.
Police have one man in custody in connection with the investigation.
Coroners have picked up the body and are preparing for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter