POST FALLS, Idaho - A Post Falls man who won $100,000 in an Idaho lottery game has quit his day job at a fast-food restaurant and says he plans to go to trade school.
Kyle Messier describes it as calling in "rich" to work.
Messier tells the Coeur d'Alene Press that his winnings in the Ultimate Bankroll scratch game represent about six years' salary at his former job.
He says he had been planning to work for two or three more years to save money for college and put his fiancee through school.
But then he bought two $10 tickets Monday afternoon. He was presented with a check Tuesday.
After taxes, his winnings are $67,500.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday