POST FALLS, Idaho - A Post Falls man who won $100,000 in an Idaho lottery game has quit his day job at a fast-food restaurant and says he plans to go to trade school.
Kyle Messier describes it as calling in "rich" to work.
Messier tells the Coeur d'Alene Press that his winnings in the Ultimate Bankroll scratch game represent about six years' salary at his former job.
He says he had been planning to work for two or three more years to save money for college and put his fiancee through school.
But then he bought two $10 tickets Monday afternoon. He was presented with a check Tuesday.
After taxes, his winnings are $67,500.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital