KOOTENAI COUNTY, Idaho - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office is looking for a missing Post Falls man.
Deputies say 63-year-old Edward A. Hempel was hunting with a friend in the Bernard Peak area on Oct 10 around 1:00 p.m. Officials describe the area as thickly treed, mountainous region in the northeast corner of Kootenai County.
Hempel seperated from his hunting partner and planned to meet back up with him between 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
The Sheriff's Office said Hempel didn't show up, and family and friends began to search for him with no luck. His family reported him missing Tuesday morning.
Sheriff's backcountry deputies and Search & Rescue volunteers began an intensive search, but as of 10:00 Tuesday night, searchers had been unsuccessful in locating Hempel. Searchers will be back in the area throughout Wednesday.
If anyone was in the area and saw Hempel, they are asked to contact the Sheriff's Office.
Mr. Hempel is described as a white male, six-foot tall, approximately 200 pounds with blonde hair and green eyes. He was last seen wearing all camouflage hunting clothing and a camouflaged backpack with an orange cover.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday