POST FALLS, Idaho - Post Falls police are investigating the murders of two people after a man told a family friend he had killed his family.
The man told a family friend he had strangled his family, and that person in turn called police at 11:30 Tuesday morning.
"The suspect had gone to their house and talked them about what had happened and they in turn called the police department to report this to us," Post Falls Police Chief Scott Haug said.
As the man was leaving the friend's home, police stopped his vehicle in the vicinity of Spokane Street and Poleline and took him into custody.
Detectives, meanwhile, responded to the suspect's apartment, located at the Tullamore Commons on the east side of Post Falls, where they found two people – a woman and a young girl – dead inside the residence.
Late Tuesday afternoon detectives were waiting for a search warrant in order to process the crime scene.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position