POST FALLS, Idaho - Post Falls police are investigating the murders of two people after a man told a family friend he had killed his family.
The man told a family friend he had strangled his family, and that person in turn called police at 11:30 Tuesday morning.
"The suspect had gone to their house and talked them about what had happened and they in turn called the police department to report this to us," Post Falls Police Chief Scott Haug said.
As the man was leaving the friend's home, police stopped his vehicle in the vicinity of Spokane Street and Poleline and took him into custody.
Detectives, meanwhile, responded to the suspect's apartment, located at the Tullamore Commons on the east side of Post Falls, where they found two people – a woman and a young girl – dead inside the residence.
Late Tuesday afternoon detectives were waiting for a search warrant in order to process the crime scene.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives