POST FALLS, Idaho - After tragically losing their daughter, Jovi, to SIDS in 2012, the Preston family is celebrating her second birthday by paying it forward.
They are also encouraging the community to join them and do something simple for a stranger like buy their cup of coffee, leave a dollar at a vending machine, or donate to the Inland Northwest SIDS Foundation in her honor.
"We wanted to ask people to do random acts of kindness in honor of her and in honor of her life to just try and show the world that good that she brought us," said Jovi's mom, Molly Preston.
Over 800 people and counting having taken to social media to show their support and post pictures of their good deeds for Jovi. The Preston family would love to see your acts of kindness, so if you post to social media be sure to use #jisforjovi.
If you would like to learn more about Jovi's story visit, http://www.ajournalforjovi.com/.
- Budget season begins in Spokane, public input requested
- Medical emergency diverts Alaska Airlines flight to Spokane
- Woman's laptop with memories of deceased son stolen
- Capture last of summer outdoor fun at Valleyfest
- Spokane community comes together to assemble flowers for Strahan's memorial
- Chilling details released in murder of Spokane cab driver