BOISE, Idaho - Businessman John Chambers will fill in for Republican Rep. Frank Henderson of Post Falls as the 91-year-old lawmaker recovers from a broken hip.
Gov. Butch Otter on Thursday welcomed the Post Falls businessman to this year's Legislative session.
Henderson says he's confident Chambers will do a good job representing the region.
Chambers is a semi-retired executive vice president for Ground Force Manufacturing in Post Falls. He says he's looking forward to representing Kootenai County.
Henderson is in his fifth term in the Idaho house and plans to return as soon as his doctors give him the OK.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting