BOISE, Idaho - Businessman John Chambers will fill in for Republican Rep. Frank Henderson of Post Falls as the 91-year-old lawmaker recovers from a broken hip.
Gov. Butch Otter on Thursday welcomed the Post Falls businessman to this year's Legislative session.
Henderson says he's confident Chambers will do a good job representing the region.
Chambers is a semi-retired executive vice president for Ground Force Manufacturing in Post Falls. He says he's looking forward to representing Kootenai County.
Henderson is in his fifth term in the Idaho house and plans to return as soon as his doctors give him the OK.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho