POST FALLS, Idaho - Police in Post Falls had contact with a Spokane Valley woman and her two young children the night before the boys were found abandoned near a construction site along Interstate 90.
Police Chief Scot Haug told the Coeur d'Alene Press someone called police at about 8 p.m. to report Shannon Duval had been in the Walmart bathroom for 30 minutes with her children and a gas can.
Haug said she told officers she ran out of gas and was expecting someone to pick them up. He said she was acting "a little bizarre, but it was nothing out of the ordinary."
Kootenai County Sheriff's Lt. Stu Miller said Duval told investigators she doesn't remember anything after leaving Walmart.
Duval is charged with two counts of felony injury to a child.
- Fossil fuel transportation initiative has concerned citizens speaking up
- Police search for missing Hayden woman
- Spokane wants your donations to go to charitable organizations, not individuals
- Bob Ferguson disappointed court narrowed travel ban freeze
- Idaho website hacked with pro-Islamic State message
- Stolen purse returned to 92-year-old woman