POST FALLS, Idaho - Police in Post Falls had contact with a Spokane Valley woman and her two young children the night before the boys were found abandoned near a construction site along Interstate 90.
Police Chief Scot Haug told the Coeur d'Alene Press someone called police at about 8 p.m. to report Shannon Duval had been in the Walmart bathroom for 30 minutes with her children and a gas can.
Haug said she told officers she ran out of gas and was expecting someone to pick them up. He said she was acting "a little bizarre, but it was nothing out of the ordinary."
Kootenai County Sheriff's Lt. Stu Miller said Duval told investigators she doesn't remember anything after leaving Walmart.
Duval is charged with two counts of felony injury to a child.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting