POST FALLS, Idaho - Police in Post Falls had contact with a Spokane Valley woman and her two young children the night before the boys were found abandoned near a construction site along Interstate 90.
Police Chief Scot Haug told the Coeur d'Alene Press someone called police at about 8 p.m. to report Shannon Duval had been in the Walmart bathroom for 30 minutes with her children and a gas can.
Haug said she told officers she ran out of gas and was expecting someone to pick them up. He said she was acting "a little bizarre, but it was nothing out of the ordinary."
Kootenai County Sheriff's Lt. Stu Miller said Duval told investigators she doesn't remember anything after leaving Walmart.
Duval is charged with two counts of felony injury to a child.
- SCRAPS has person of interest in kitten tourture cases
- Inland Northwest prepares for yet another round of snow
- Idaho prepares for slick roads with new de-icer
- Neighbors file lawsuit against Rocket Market
- Police searching for a man who exposed himself at Logan elementary
- City of Spokane readdressing east Spokane garbage routes