POST FALLS, Idaho - A northern Idaho man accused of attacking another man with a baseball bat has been taken into custody on suspicion of attempted robbery and aggravated battery.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that police took 22-year-old Andrew Stephan of Post Falls into custody Tuesday morning at a residence.
Police say Stephan on Monday attacked a 25-year-old Coeur d'Alene man outside a Post Falls store before fleeing.
Post Falls Police Capt. Greg McLean says a dark-colored Suburban driven by Stephan cut off a car in the parking lot before the reported attack.
McLean says Stephan at one point demanded the other man's wallet, but didn't get it.
McLean says the victim suffered injuries but refused medical treatment.
Stephan is being held in the Kootenai County jail on a parole violation.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday