BOISE, Idaho - A 41-year-old Boise man has reached a plea agreement after being charged with distributing child pornography and offering a 3-year-old for sex on Craigslist.
The Idaho Statesman reports Jason Lloyd Schaber is expected to plead guilty Friday in U.S. District Court to felony sexual exploitation of children and felony distribution of sexually explicit images of minors. The plea agreement calls for Schaber to be sentenced to at least 20 years in prison. Prosecutors are recommending 30.
Schaber was arrested last May after someone posted an ad in the "Casual Encounters" section of Craigslist offering the toddler for sex. A man who responded to the ad called police after learning the girl was 3.
Court records say a search of Schaber's computers found videos of Schaber having sexual contact with the toddler.
- 175+ "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire