COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A local group is hoping to raise positive awareness for young women's body image through photography. The movement is called "All Shapes are Perfect" and in an effort to boost women's self-esteem they created photo shoot that will be shared on social media.
Organizers say they hope to spread the idea that all women are beautiful inside out no matter what shape or size they are. Thirty-three ladies participated in several cowgirl themed group photo shoots along with an individual shoot at Rider Ranch on Wolf Lodge Road in Coeur d'Alene Saturday afternoon.
Event coordinator Chantel Petit says not only do they hope to promote body positivity they also hope to create a Northwest sisterhood in the process.
"Just much like the Dove movement, every women is perfect and beautiful in the skin they are given. They come out of this experience feeling better about themselves and they can go out into the world with a new confidence," Petit said.
If you want to get involved in the "All Shapes are Perfect" movement, you can reach Brenda Cook on Facebook.
- Crash at Washington and Mission
- Idaho tax bill advances despite gay marriage objections
- Bill in Legislature raises I-90 speed limit to 75 in places
- Spokane Police investigate suspicious death
- Spokane Police investigate 2 early morning shootings
- Moses Lake dad accused of slitting son's throat, killing him