COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A local group is hoping to raise positive awareness for young women's body image through photography. The movement is called "All Shapes are Perfect" and in an effort to boost women's self-esteem they created photo shoot that will be shared on social media.
Organizers say they hope to spread the idea that all women are beautiful inside out no matter what shape or size they are. Thirty-three ladies participated in several cowgirl themed group photo shoots along with an individual shoot at Rider Ranch on Wolf Lodge Road in Coeur d'Alene Saturday afternoon.
Event coordinator Chantel Petit says not only do they hope to promote body positivity they also hope to create a Northwest sisterhood in the process.
"Just much like the Dove movement, every women is perfect and beautiful in the skin they are given. They come out of this experience feeling better about themselves and they can go out into the world with a new confidence," Petit said.
If you want to get involved in the "All Shapes are Perfect" movement, you can reach Brenda Cook on Facebook.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up