HAYDEN, Idaho (AP) -- A pedestrian was killed when she was struck by a Kootenai County Sheriff's deputy's vehicle on U.S. 95 in Hayden.
The Coeur d-Alene Press reports that the incident happened at about 1:30 a.m. in the southbound lanes of the highway at Miles Avenue.
The deputy was driving a 2008 Crown Victoria.
The identity of the 38-year-old Hayden woman who died at the scene was not released by Idaho State Police, nor was the name of the deputy.
An investigation is ongoing and ISP is asking anyone who may have witnessed the incident to call the ISP office at (208) 209-8730.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity