HAYDEN, Idaho (AP) -- A pedestrian was killed when she was struck by a Kootenai County Sheriff's deputy's vehicle on U.S. 95 in Hayden.
The Coeur d-Alene Press reports that the incident happened at about 1:30 a.m. in the southbound lanes of the highway at Miles Avenue.
The deputy was driving a 2008 Crown Victoria.
The identity of the 38-year-old Hayden woman who died at the scene was not released by Idaho State Police, nor was the name of the deputy.
An investigation is ongoing and ISP is asking anyone who may have witnessed the incident to call the ISP office at (208) 209-8730.
- Domestic- violence suspect assaults ex girlfriend, officer
- Budget season begins in Spokane, public input requested
- Medical emergency diverts Alaska Airlines flight to Spokane
- Woman's laptop with memories of deceased son stolen
- Capture last of summer outdoor fun at Valleyfest
- Spokane community comes together to assemble flowers for Strahan's memorial