HAYDEN, Idaho (AP) -- A pedestrian was killed when she was struck by a Kootenai County Sheriff's deputy's vehicle on U.S. 95 in Hayden.
The Coeur d-Alene Press reports that the incident happened at about 1:30 a.m. in the southbound lanes of the highway at Miles Avenue.
The deputy was driving a 2008 Crown Victoria.
The identity of the 38-year-old Hayden woman who died at the scene was not released by Idaho State Police, nor was the name of the deputy.
An investigation is ongoing and ISP is asking anyone who may have witnessed the incident to call the ISP office at (208) 209-8730.
- Crash at Washington and Mission
- Idaho tax bill advances despite gay marriage objections
- Bill in Legislature raises I-90 speed limit to 75 in places
- Spokane Police investigate suspicious death
- Spokane Police investigate 2 early morning shootings
- Moses Lake dad accused of slitting son's throat, killing him