GRANGEVILLE, Idaho - A northern Idaho couple has filed a lawsuit in federal court after a former sheriff's deputy engaged in lewd and lascivious contact with their then 16-year-old daughter.
The lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Coeur d'Alene names former Idaho County sheriff's deputy Daniel L. Funderburg, Idaho County Chief Deputy Jim Georges, Sheriff Doug Giddings and Idaho County.
The Lewiston Tribune reports the lawsuit contends the then 31-year-old Funderburg was on duty and in uniform when the wrongful actions occurred in August 2012. The couple is seeking unspecified damages.
Funderburg in January 2013 pleaded guilty in 2nd District Court to sexual battery committed by lewd and lascivious acts on a child.
He was fired from his job with the sheriff's office, and sentenced to 120 days in jail, with 30 suspended.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'