COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - It's the most popular time of year to enjoy Lake Coeur d'Alene and one business has found its niche in the Lake City to help people enjoy the water at their doorstep.
The Coeur d'Alene Paddle Board Company has been around for three years and each season business goes up.
"I would say that every year it probably increases four times," said owner Kym Murdoch.
The owner went paddle boarding about three ago in Hawaii for a half hour and that's all it took for her to get hooked. Three months later she opened her own store in downtown Coeur d'Alene.
"It's an awesome new way to work out. It's really serene and relaxing," said Murdoch.
Murdoch rents and sells paddle boards as well as give lessons. She isn't surprised at people's eagerness to learn the sport and enjoys every moment of its success here in the lake city.
"I never wanted to open up a business. I thought it was a really good idea. It just took off. It's fun," she said.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane