COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The oldest active school in northern Idaho's Coeur d'Alene region is set to be torn down at the end of June.
Park Elementary School was built in the early 1900s. The name later was changed to Winton Elementary School.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports 102-year-old Orville Benjamin attended a recent class reunion at the school, visiting with old friends and fellow Park Elementary School alumni. He attended the school from 1923 through 1925.
The old school will be replaced by a new building in 2015.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday