COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The Idaho State Police has identified the woman and child presumed dead after a car went off U.S. Highway 12 in north-central Idaho and into the Lochsa River.
Sgt. Rich Adamson says the bodies of 22-year-old Talia Rushing and 2-year-old Layton Hallmark of Boise have not been found.
The ISP says 29-year-old Boone Hallmark fell asleep while driving at 3 a.m. Wednesday. Adams says Hallmark tried to get the victims out of the car, but was washed out of the vehicle by the fast-moving water.
Hallmark was treated at a Grangeville hospital and released.
Divers have not been able to remove the car from the water.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home