COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Department has released the names of the four Coeur d'Alene police officers involved in a fatal shooting last weekend.
Officers Mario Rios, Eric Johnson, Bryan Alexander and Brady Reed were identified Wednesday as the officers have been interviewed for their involvement in the shooting.
Christian Buquet was shot and killed after he shot another man, Frank James, in the chest, and then led officers on a five-mile chase that ended at Higgins Point. There, he lost control of his vehicle and exchanged gunfire with officers, who returned fire and fatally shot him.
The investigation into the shooting is ongoing.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting