SANDPOINT, Idaho - Authorities say the investigation into a deadly officer-involved shooting outside a Sandpoint hospital is nearing completion.
Bonner County sheriff's Detective Gary Johnston tells The Daily Bee he expects the investigation to be completed by the end of the week and forwarded to prosecutors for review.
Authorities say officers Skylar Ziegler, Michael Valenzuela and Garrett Johnson were involved in the July 8 shooting near Bonner General Hospital that killed 35-year-old Jeanetta Marie Riley.
The officers say Riley approached them and refused their commands to drop a knife.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car