GRANGEVILLE, Idaho - A former northern Idaho postal worker has been indicted by a federal grand jury on two counts of misappropriation of postal funds and making a false statement to a postal inspector.
The Lewiston Tribune reports in a story on Friday that an initial hearing for Mari A. Mort is set for Feb. 18 in U.S. District Court in Coeur d'Alene.
Grangeville Postmaster LeAnn Randall says that Mort is no longer employed with the U.S. Postal Service.
Authorities say Mort converted more than $1,000 in postal funds for her own use from February 2011 to June 2013.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River