SANDPOINT, Idaho - A northern Idaho judge has sentenced a Clark Fork man to up to life in prison for molesting a young child.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports 28 -year-old Joshua James Olson pleaded guilty to lewd conduct with a child in exchange for prosecutors dropping an additional charge of sexual exploitation of a minor.
First District Judge Barbara Buchanan sentenced Olson to life in prison on Thursday, but said he could be eligible for parole after serving at least 10 years. Buchanan said Olson's conduct was one of the most horrendous cases of abuse her court has seen.
Prosecutors said the abuse occurred over three years starting when the victim was 5. Olson was arrested after investigators received a tip that he was sharing child pornography over the internet.
- Potholes keeping Spokane crews busy
- Federal judge says he is inclined to let lawsuit proceed
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Stripper pleads guilty to running multi-state drug ring
- Study: Idaho natural gas and oil taxes below many states
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes