SANDPOINT, Idaho - A northern Idaho judge has sentenced a Clark Fork man to up to life in prison for molesting a young child.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports 28 -year-old Joshua James Olson pleaded guilty to lewd conduct with a child in exchange for prosecutors dropping an additional charge of sexual exploitation of a minor.
First District Judge Barbara Buchanan sentenced Olson to life in prison on Thursday, but said he could be eligible for parole after serving at least 10 years. Buchanan said Olson's conduct was one of the most horrendous cases of abuse her court has seen.
Prosecutors said the abuse occurred over three years starting when the victim was 5. Olson was arrested after investigators received a tip that he was sharing child pornography over the internet.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car