POST FALLS, Idaho - A 61-year-old northern Idaho man died Tuesday morning in a mobile home fire in Post Falls.
Kootenai County Fire and Rescue Chief Warren Merritt says emergency responders transported the man to Kootenai Health where he died of smoke inhalation.
Merritt tells the Coeur d'Alene Press that the fire reported at about 12:30 a.m. does not appear to be suspicious.
He says the home didn't have a working smoke detector.
The man's name hasn't been released.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car