A 33 year old woman drowned in the St. Joe River Saturday afternoon. The Shoshone County Sheriff's Office responded to the report in the area of milepost 62 on the St. Joe River Road about 12:50 p.m. That's near Avery, Idaho.
Officials say 33 year old Elma Krasley of Fernwood, Idaho was attempting to walk across a shallow area of the St. Joe River when she lost her footing and was swept away by the current.
The Benewah County Sheriff's Office, the Forest Service, St. Joe EMS/Ambulance/Fire and St. Joe Search and Rescue all responded with the Shoshone County Sheriff's Office to rescue Krasley.
At approximately 7:00 p.m., the Krasley's body was located by Life Flight and recovered from the water at approximately milepost 60 on the St. Joe River. Although the official cause of death has not been released, it appears as though Krasley died as a result of drowning. Notifications have been made to Krasley's immediate family.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday