WALLACE, Idaho - A 50-year-old North Idaho woman is charged with first-degree murder after her husband's body was found at the couple's trailer house more than a year after he died.
The Shoshone News Press reports Jackie Reed of Osburn made an initial court appearance Thursday. First District Magistrate Court Judge Daniel McGee set her bail at $250,000.
Shoshone County Prosecutor Keisha Oxendine says the body of Gregory Reed Sr., was recovered from the property on Wednesday and Jackie Reed was arrested the same day. Court records indicate Gregory Reed died in May 2012.
An autopsy is planned.
Oxendine says Osburn police along with the Social Security Administration Office of Inspector General and Idaho State Police are investigating the case.
Reed is being represented by attorney Staci Anderson, who participated in Thursday's court hearing by telephone.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position