COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A North Idaho firefighter has pleaded guilty to a charge of lewd conduct after he was accused of having sex with a girl who was 13 and 14 years old.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that Billy E. Miller Jr., 38, of Athol, entered his plea Monday before 1st District Court Judge John Luster.
He is to be sentenced Oct. 17 on the charge that carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Department investigation report said Miller admitted having sex and receiving oral sex from the girl at his home in 2009 and 2010. The report said Miller told investigators he used a condom to prevent a pregnancy.
Miller was a lieutenant for Northern Lakes Fire District. He was fired on May 24.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car