COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A North Idaho firefighter has pleaded guilty to a charge of lewd conduct after he was accused of having sex with a girl who was 13 and 14 years old.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that Billy E. Miller Jr., 38, of Athol, entered his plea Monday before 1st District Court Judge John Luster.
He is to be sentenced Oct. 17 on the charge that carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Department investigation report said Miller admitted having sex and receiving oral sex from the girl at his home in 2009 and 2010. The report said Miller told investigators he used a condom to prevent a pregnancy.
Miller was a lieutenant for Northern Lakes Fire District. He was fired on May 24.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods