RATHDRUM, Idaho - A new northern Idaho police chief will soon become the state's only woman leading a city policy agency.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that 45-year-old Tomi McLean will take over as Rathdrum's police chief on Jan. 1. She has been working as an officer with the small citY--which has a population around 8,000--since 1994.
The city council unanimously appointed McLean into the position earlier this week.
McLean says she's waited a long time to become chief and is appreciative of the confidence the community has placed in her.
Information from: Coeur d'Alene Press, http://www.cdapress.com
- Man found dead in downtown Spokane parking lot
- Riverfront Park construction progresses
- Study shows Spokane Police Department needs more officers
- Mom of son with rare disease says healthcare decision is about more than 'politics'
- Summer thunderstorms leave a mess for some residents around region
- Airman found dead in dorm at Fairchild