COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Some residents in Coeur d'Alene have filed a lawsuit to prevent the construction of a 14-story luxury apartment building.
The Coeur d'Alene press reports the lawsuit filed Wednesday by the Coeur d'Alene North Home Owners View Preservation names the city and project developer One Lakeside.
The group contends the $20 million building infringes on the residents' private property rights and that the city didn't do enough to protect those rights when it approved the project.
Deputy City Attorney Warren Wilson says the group is applying an argument about taking private property, but the apartment project is a private property owner doing what he wants with his own land.
Developer Greg Hills in previous comments has said the company is prepared to fight lawsuits.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives