COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Some residents in Coeur d'Alene have filed a lawsuit to prevent the construction of a 14-story luxury apartment building.
The Coeur d'Alene press reports the lawsuit filed Wednesday by the Coeur d'Alene North Home Owners View Preservation names the city and project developer One Lakeside.
The group contends the $20 million building infringes on the residents' private property rights and that the city didn't do enough to protect those rights when it approved the project.
Deputy City Attorney Warren Wilson says the group is applying an argument about taking private property, but the apartment project is a private property owner doing what he wants with his own land.
Developer Greg Hills in previous comments has said the company is prepared to fight lawsuits.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday