ELK RIVER, Idaho - A northern Idaho woman has died in an all-terrain vehicle accident, but her 12-year-old passenger survived after being thrown clear.
Forty-nine-year-old Sindy Craven died Tuesday morning near Elk River when she attempted to go around a gate.
The Clearwater County Sheriff's Office tells the Lewiston Tribune that the ATV rolled backward and landed on Craven at about 11 a.m.
She wasn't wearing a helmet and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The child, a relative of Craven, was wearing a helmet. Officials didn't release the child's name.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line