COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A 14-year-old boy accused of killing his father and younger brother in northern Idaho has been transferred from the Kootenai County Jail to the juvenile detention center.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports in a story on Friday that officials earlier this week moved Eldon Gale Samuel III after he spent two months in the adult facility.
Samuel is charged as an adult with shooting 46-year-old Eldon Samuel Jr. and shooting and stabbing 13-year-old Jonathan Samuel in an emergency housing unit in Coeur d'Alene in March.
Samuel was held in the juvenile facility until early July when a judge ruled Samuel posed a threat to other juveniles.
But the American Civil Liberties Union of Idaho filed a motion citing the potential for inhumane confinement of children at the adult facility.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting