COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A 14-year-old boy accused of killing his father and younger brother in northern Idaho has been transferred from the Kootenai County Jail to the juvenile detention center.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports in a story on Friday that officials earlier this week moved Eldon Gale Samuel III after he spent two months in the adult facility.
Samuel is charged as an adult with shooting 46-year-old Eldon Samuel Jr. and shooting and stabbing 13-year-old Jonathan Samuel in an emergency housing unit in Coeur d'Alene in March.
Samuel was held in the juvenile facility until early July when a judge ruled Samuel posed a threat to other juveniles.
But the American Civil Liberties Union of Idaho filed a motion citing the potential for inhumane confinement of children at the adult facility.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday