BAYVIEW - A group of northern Idaho residents say they want to ground recently started helicopter tours because of the noise.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports that some Bayview residents say it makes the area sound like a war zone.
But promoter Phil Stephan says it's a vocal minority who want to shut down the flights.
Stephan says the helicopter tours started last week, and in one day drew more than 50 people to town.
Stephan is promoting the helicopter tours for businessman Chan Karupiah, who owns five Bayview marinas.
The Federal Aviation Administration says Inland Helicopters operates the helicopter and has the proper credentials and licensing.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line