SANDPOINT, Idaho - Bonner County officials in northern Idaho are looking at increasing fines for residents who put up buildings without proper permits.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports that county commissioners at a public hearing on Wednesday will consider doubling the $80 fee charged to landowners who fail to get permits for construction.
Besides the initial fee, landowners who fail to get a permit are assessed $160 plus mileage for each additional visit county officials make to a site.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'