COUNCIL, Idaho - A northern Idaho man reported missing for a week has been found dead.
An Idaho Power crew traveling a rarely used road found 78-year-old Bill Summers of Council inside his pickup about 10 miles from his home on Sunday.
Summers is the brother-in-law of former U.S. Sen. Larry Craig.
Craig tells KTVB-TV that Summers' pickup crashed and he was found still wearing his seatbelt.
Craig says the men who found him reported very little damage to the pickup.
Summers' wife reported Summers missing on Aug. 4.
An autopsy is planned.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday