COUNCIL, Idaho - A northern Idaho man reported missing for a week has been found dead.
An Idaho Power crew traveling a rarely used road found 78-year-old Bill Summers of Council inside his pickup about 10 miles from his home on Sunday.
Summers is the brother-in-law of former U.S. Sen. Larry Craig.
Craig tells KTVB-TV that Summers' pickup crashed and he was found still wearing his seatbelt.
Craig says the men who found him reported very little damage to the pickup.
Summers' wife reported Summers missing on Aug. 4.
An autopsy is planned.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting