SANDPOINT, Idaho - A northern Idaho man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for breaking into his estranged wife's house and stabbing her several times.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports that 61-year-old James Leverne Carlton received the sentence late last week in 1st District Court after pleading guilty to attempted murder.
Judge Barbara Buchanan ordered Carlton to serve at least five years before he is eligible for parole.
Buchanan says prison is in order because the victim sustained serious injuries in the attack in the fall of 2013 in a house north of Priest River.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line