SANDPOINT, Idaho - A judge has ordered a Bonner County man to serve at least four years in prison for his role in a shootout with two other people more than a year ago.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports that 60-year-old Richard Allen Larson was also ordered to pay $10,000 and other costs amassed by the victims in the February 2011 episode.
Larson was convicted in March of two counts of aggravated assault for threatening his ex-girlfriend Lora Adams with a gun and opening fire on her new lover, John Chester Bilsky. Larson was shot twice in the skirmish and nearly died.
First District Judge Steve Verby imposed consecutive sentences of two to five years.
At trial, Larson claims he was acting in self-defense and continues to maintain his innocence.
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting