SANDPOINT, Idaho - A judge has ordered a Bonner County man to serve at least four years in prison for his role in a shootout with two other people more than a year ago.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports that 60-year-old Richard Allen Larson was also ordered to pay $10,000 and other costs amassed by the victims in the February 2011 episode.
Larson was convicted in March of two counts of aggravated assault for threatening his ex-girlfriend Lora Adams with a gun and opening fire on her new lover, John Chester Bilsky. Larson was shot twice in the skirmish and nearly died.
First District Judge Steve Verby imposed consecutive sentences of two to five years.
At trial, Larson claims he was acting in self-defense and continues to maintain his innocence.
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car
- Spokane has high interest in World Naked Gardening Day