POST FALLS, Idaho - A northern Idaho man who police say injured his 4-month old child has been taken into custody and faces a charge of felony injury to a child.
The Spokesman-Review reports that 20-year-old Jeremiah D. Weaver of Post Falls is being held in the Kootneai County Jail on $100,000 bond.
Authorities say the child was airlifted Tuesday to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Wash., for emergency surgery for a serious injury.
Police say they were called to a Post Falls home on Tuesday after a report of an infant having trouble breathing.
Paramedics say they discovered possible bruising on the back of the child's head.
Weaver told police he didn't harm the child.
Weaver also faces a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday