SANDPOINT, Idaho - A northern Idaho man has died in an apparent logging accident while working alone clearing trees.
The Bonner County Sheriff's Office tells the Bonner County Daily Bee the accident happened Tuesday north of Kootenai.
Sheriff Daryl Wheeler says the man was a local resident who was working by himself when a branch apparently fell on him.
Wheeler says co-workers found him when they returned to the area.
Bonner County EMS Chief Robert Wakeley says the man was wearing a helmet but appeared to have suffered a fatal blow to the head and died at the scene.
The man's name hasn't been released.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line